“ Bread is the king of the table and all else is merely the court that surrounds the king. The countries are the soup, the meat, the vegetables and the salad - but bread is king”
At the Firehouse bakery bread really is king. Each day loaves are hand crafted and freshly baked, from crusty sourdoughs to slow proved yeasted breads. With an open plan bakery everything that we do is on show for all to see. For us real bread is bread that has nothing to hide.
Each morning you can sit and watch the bakers work as they prepare and bake hand crafted breads and pastries. Throughout the day our wood fired oven will offer up pizzas and flat breads served along with soups and sandwiches. Everything that we offer is made by our very talented team. The only thing that we buy in is flour.
Our philosophy is simple - bread is non discriminative therefore it is something for all. Artisan does not mean over pricing. The only additives bread should contain are time and passion
So next time you're passing pick yourself up a loaf, grab a cheeky pastry or simply sit back and watch the world go by, a smiling face is always waiting.
Set in the picturesque Wicklow village of Delgany, Our bakery forms part of an exciting new venture that brings together four independents to create a go to destination offering a bakery, café, grocer, restaurant and gift store.
Outdoor seating and ample parking are available
Christmas opening hours
Monday December 23rd - open
Tuesday Decemer 24th - open - closed 3pm
Closed December 25th, 26th, 27th and 28th
Sunday December 29th - open
Monday December 30th - open
Tuesday December 31st - open
Closed January 1st and 2nd
Friday January 3rd - open
Drop into the bakery and pick yourself up a fresh loaf, pastry or something from our savoury menu
Breads, Platters and Dips
- Bread and butter – one of life's simple pleasures. Firehouse bread layered with Abernethy hand churned butter - €2
- Toast your own – All you can eat Firehouse bread, toasted how you like it with Wexford Home Preserves jam - €3
- Firehouse bread and dips – selection of breads served with home made hummus and beetroot relish - €4.50
Sourdough ploughman’s platter – selection of sourdough breads, Gubbeen's award winning cheeses,
Wicklow pressed blue and Laura's home made chutney - €6.80
- Gubbeen Smokehouse cured meats – served with breads and home made piccalilli - €6.80
- Wood fired roast chicken, sun dried tomatoes, chilli jam on great white sourdough. €5.75
- 12 hour (min) slow cooked pulled pork, apple chutney, beechwood smoked cheese on malt house sourdough €5.75
- Gubbeen pastrami, horseradish mayonnaise, fresh rocket on rye €5.75
- Onion sourdough, chilli jam, Wicklow brie and fresh rocket €5.20
Woodfired Flatbreads & Pizzas
- Pulled Pork, Caramelised Red Onion & Mozzarella €9.50
- Spiced Chicken, Jalapeño, Chilli Jam , Rocket & Mozzarella €9.50
- Garlic Oil & Mozzarella €8.50
- Gubbeen Salami, Pastrami, Chorizo & Mozzarella €9.50
- Red Onion, Rocket, Cherry Tomato & Mozzarella €9
Please see boards for today's soup, served with Firehouse bread €4.50
Teas supplied by Clement & Pekoe. Our teas are served in an individual filter basket, please ask for a complimentary top up.
Tues to Fri 8.30am – 5.30pm
Sat – Sun 9.30am – 5.00pm